Christine Boldt - Executive Vice President
B.S. in Accounting from Florida State University. Was the business manager for the ABC affiliate television station in Tallahassee, FL for over 7 years. Worked for Miami importers in many capacities including: sales, purchasing, farm relations and business management. Worked with AFIF on their trade shows from 1999 through 2001. Has been exposed to the flower industry for more than 30 years, as her mother was one of the first woman to own a flower importing company in Miami, her mother was one of the founding members of AFIF and sat on the board of directors for 24 years. Boldt was president of the Miami Floral Importers Credit Association from 2000 to 2004. Joined AFIF full time in 2004 as the Executive Vice President.
Accomplishments while at AFIF:
- Published multiple times in many publications
- International speaker at multiple functions of the flower industry and Miami impact
- Participant in the Floral Logistics Coalition. Group is made up of representatives from all segments of the international and domestic flower business
- Association sponsor and spokesperson along with PMA in getting the floral GTIN implemented throughout the industry. "Better Standards for Better Practices".
- Awarded and participation in the Florida Liaison Agriculture Group in 2008 with trade representatives, USDA and CBP.
- Awarded by Florida Shipper Magazine as a Transportation Leader in 2008
- Awarded the International Women's Day Award in 2009 by World Trade Miami
AFIF Mission Statement:
- Advocate Members' interests on national public policy issues and international trade matters to ensure free flow of imported floral products into the United States.
- Promote the AFIF Miami Importer as the most efficient source for imported fresh cut flowers.
- Serve as a mechanism for sharing and creating ideas and programs to develop better skills among its Members.
Through AFIF: Society of American Florists (SAF), Wholesale Florist & Florist Supplier Association (WF&FSA), Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce, Florida Custom Brokers & Forwarders Association (FCBF), Miami Airport Perishables Committee, Produce Marketing Association (PMA) World Trade Center, Union Fleurs and Taste of the South (TOTS) annual charity event in Washington DC.
Multiple years as leader and in scouting.
Marielys Herrera (Mari)- Administrative Assistant
Joined AFIF in 2008 and is responsible for reports, Holidays truck schedules, web site update, publications designs, the hotel rate negotiations, mail distribution, traveling arrangements, office supplies and various other tasks.